Dr. Omar Akhter
Board certified in Internal Medicine
I grew up in my native country of Pakistan in a family of physicians. I had many early exposures to the world of medicine. I followed the same path and graduated from Medical School in Pakistan before going on to complete residency in Internal Medicine in New York City. I then practiced hospital medicine for a few years in a large hospital system in New Jersey before eventually settling in Austin, TX as a functional medicine doctor with my wife and young son. Working in these different systems gave me an excellent understanding of and exposure to our healthcare system. I now bring my experience to the world of Functional Medicine. As a functional medicine doctor in Austin, TX, I am passionate about serving my community and improving the health of my patients by bringing them affordable, accessible, and high-quality holistic care. Call us to discuss your health and wellness now.
- To make high quality Functional Medicine accessible and affordable to everyone in the community.
- To provide unmatched patient care with particular attention to detail.
- To treat every patient in a personalized way and not make them feel like another ‘chart’ in the system.
- To use the power of ‘food as medicine’ as much as possible to impact the health and wellness of my patients.
- To further awareness of functional and lifestyle medicine in finding the root cause and then the treatment of chronic illness.