Dr. Omar Akhter
Board certified in Internal Medicine
I grew up in my native country of Pakistan in a family of physicians. I had many early exposures to the world of medicine. I followed the same path and graduated from Medical School in Pakistan before going on to complete residency in Internal Medicine in New York City. I then practiced hospital medicine for a few years in a large hospital system in New Jersey before eventually settling in Austin with my wife and young son. Working in these different systems gave me an excellent understanding of and exposure to our healthcare system. I now bring my experience to the world of Primary Care. I am passionate about serving my community and improving the health of my patients by bringing them affordable, accessible and high quality Primary Care services.
- To make Primary Care accessible, affordable and of the highest quality to everyone in the community regardless of insurance status.
- To provide unmatched patient care with particular attention to detail.
- To treat every patient in a personalized way and not make them feel like another ‘chart’ in the system.
- To use the power of ‘food as medicine’ as much as possible to impact the health of my patients.
- To further awareness of lifestyle medicine in the treatment of chronic illness.