Medical students don’t get taught about breast implant illness. I certainly didn’t.The number of women suffering from breast implant illness has really surprised me and came to my attention after I saw a few patients with this illness. It’s something that does not get talked about often and it’s difficult for women suffering to bring this up with their physicians because of a lack of knowledge and awareness around this issue. The last few years have seen a large number of studies published around breast implant illness so the awareness is increasing, but more needs to be done. The women going through this illness can find help and healing. I hope this discussion today sheds some more light and education on this issue of breast implant illness.
- Sarah’s journey with Breast Implant Illness (BII).
- What is Breast Implant Illness and its main mechanisms?
- How do genetics affect chances of getting this illness?
- Is there a way to diagnose BII?
- Why is there no disclosure on the toxic ingredients in implants?
- What role does explant have in treatment?
- What does the journey after explant look like?
- What is the emotional impact of this illness
- Message to those suffering from BII
Sarah has a passion for restoring health that has taken her along a path from RN, to becoming a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, Board Certified Holistic Health Practitioner, and Breast Implant Illness and Detox Expert. She believes the solution to Reversing Breast Implant illness is about more than just the explant and that we all need to take personal responsibility for restoring our health by addressing all of the root causes that contribute to chronic illness. It is Sarah’s belief that the body has an innate desire to heal if given what it needs, and she focuses on teaching women how to unlock that innate intelligence and heal themselves.
Connect with Sarah Phillipe
Private FB Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/reversingbreastimplantillness
Connect with Dr. Akhter