Women’s hormone health is one of the most poorly understood areas in medicine, not only among patients but also among practitioners. There is a great deal of misinformation out there and as a result many women end up suffering from their symptoms. One of the conditions that causes the most suffering is Endometriosis, which we discuss today. Endometriosis, a condition in which cells similar to the lining of the uterus grow outside the uterus, causes painful and debilitating symptoms to many women. Oftentimes, an effective solution is not available for these women, prolonging their suffering. Dr. Tassone is one of those people aiming to treat these patients effectively and holistically to improve their quality of life!
- His background, journey into OB/GYN and Functional medicine and why he chose that route?
- A little background on Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone; their functions and what types of imbalances you normally see with them.
- What is Endometriosis and why is it caused?
- What types of symptoms do we see with Endometriosis and how do we diagnose it?
- Conventional ways of treating Endometriosis vs. Integrative approaches.
- Brief discussion on bioidentical hormones for the average patient to hear.
Dr. Shawn Tassone, also known as America’s holistic gynecologist, is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, and by the American Board of Integrative Medicine. He holds a medical degree, in addition to a PhD in mind-body medicine. Dr. Tassone is a highly regarded patient advocate. His work includes studies and publications on spirituality in medical care, whole foods to heal the human body, and integrative medicine. Dr. Tassone works as an instructor for medical residents and students at the University of Arizona and the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He even teaches integrative medicine at Arizona State University.
As an Integrative health practitioner, Dr. Tassone believes that you should have an active role in your care. He’ll not only treat a certain symptom, but also your body as a whole. This method can help with prevention of chronic illness, as well as maintenance, so your body can heal itself. Tassone Gynecology is currently accepting new patients and accepts most major insurance plans.
Connect with Dr. Tassone
Connect with Dr. Akhter
Madina Medicine, PLLC
1464 East Whitestone Blvd. Suite 1701 Cedar Park, TX 78613
Phone: (512) 960-2522
Fax: (512) 382-7270